- Up to 3 complete changes of clothing, including socks and underwear
- Shirts must cover midriff
- Pajamas or shorts and t-shirts to wear at bedtime
- Winter coats, hats, gloves and a sweatshirt or light jacket without string ties (during cold weather months)
- Shoes, including gym shoes for recreation time (without laces)
Laundry facilities are available for patients’ use, detergent provided.
- Bibles or other religious books
- Books – paperback only
- Notebooks (no wire binders)
- Envelopes, stamps
Please Leave at Home
- Clothing with obscenities, drug, alcohol, gambling, tobacco or casino themes
- Pants with excessively frayed hems or chains, metal studs, straps or clips
- Drawstrings or strings in pants, shirts or jackets. Clothing that must be dry cleaned or is not appropriate for washing machines
- Belts & Shoelaces
- Cell phones, pagers
- Internet-capable devices for video and/or music
- Personal care items such as hair brush/comb, toothbrush & toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner, soap, lotion and mouthwash as they are provided by West Springs Hospital.
Hair dryers, razors/savers & specialty items are available and may be used with a Provider’s order and under staff supervision.